Wednesday, January 31, 2007

President Burns?

On an well known episode of The Simpsons, Mr. Burns concocted an evil plot to force Springfield to rely on his power plant more heavily for energy. This was to be accomplished by a giant arm with a plate attached to it that would block out the rays of the sun, forcing an eternal darkness on the denizens of Springfield.

Now, in something that seems straight out of The Onion, it appears that the US is asking the scientific community to pay for the US's continuing crimes against the environment by enacting just such a plan. The article states that the plan for this to be accomplished includes such potential 'work-arounds' as large solar mirrors, and scattering reflective particulate throughout the atmosphere.

The truth is stranger than fiction, indeed.

I don't know about all of you, but a while back, when Craigslist was running it's "transmit into space" concept, I signed a couple of ads up for that. I hope that these don't become my (and the human race's) legacy. In fact, I don't suppose there's anyway that they could beam me into space, eh? Just give me Discovery, some supplies, and I'll take my chances out there if this is the way we want to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home