Friday, June 01, 2007

Something Good is Missing From the World

I just found a Digg link thanks to my Google Desktop (and no, I'm not advertising!) that links to a story about Fred (Mr.) Rogers. The article contains 15 Reasons Mr. Rogers was the Best Neighbor Ever. This got me thinking, and perhaps wondering if, in some way, the modern world and the passing of our beloved Mr. Rogers were truly intertwined.

On a hunch, I remembered that he left us in 2003, and so I looked it up: Wikipedia lists Mr. Rogers' death as February 27th, 2003. Less than one month later, March 20th, the United States invaded Iraq.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, and I never bought the garbage hoaxes that ran around the 'net briefly about Mr. Rogers, but if one thing is certain, I can say that an unparalleled force for good died with Mr. Rogers, and maybe, just maybe, if we all took the time to remember one good man, the world would be better for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home