Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pat Buchanan is Nuts

Ok, so, I've found myself occasionally agreeing with him, but watching Scarborough right now, it's easy to see how Democrats don't like him. His repeated point in an argument with Arianna Huffington was that "the Boy Scouts were booed out of the Democratic Convention because they didn't allow gays to join" and that the Democrats are "pushing the Gay Agenda."

I take some offense to this. You see, when I was a kid and brought up to play nice, share, and treat everyone equally, I never thought ill of anyone without a good reason... like if they didn't give me their damned pudding, even under duress. Seriously though, black, white, Mexican, I knew all three colors, and didn't think any less of any of them.

Ok, again, seriously (this time for real), I was raised (by a flagrantly racist mother, no less) to respect everyone equally, to be fair, and to understand that, in truth, all people were created equal. Even if some people weren't equal due to disabilities, this didn't lessen their value as a person with potential to me (perhaps because I grew up in the days of Stephen Hawking).

So anyway, on to the real meat of this... As a liberal, I take offense to the accusation that I am pushing the "Gay Agenda." I have always felt that I have pushed the Equality Agenda... And in the end, isn't that what these same people have ALWAYS been against? Well, Pat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home