Monday, October 16, 2006

Let it Never be Said...

"President Barack Obama" definitely has no ring to it whatsoever. I'd much more closely expect that to be the name of a dictator in some foreign country. That said, there exists a very reasonable possibility that it could well become the name of our next president, and... ::gasp:: one of our most successful and wildly popular presidents of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bill Clinton a lot, but I get the feeling that with a sufficient control of the House and Senate, he may become the most effective president as well.

Alas, I get ahead of myself. The man hasn't been elected yet, in fact, he hasn't even announced his official candidacy yet, and both sides of the aisle (for better or worse) are absolutely buzzing about it. He's well liked by politicians around the country and the world, and just as much so the people. There's an inherent sense of honesty and just 'a good guy' mentality that surrounds him.

Barring (true) horrifying charges against him, I know where my vote will be the day he runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home