Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Bummer"

I think I'm just a little too happy about this story: Bummer

So apparently this guy bought a Hummer, and a couple days after he got it, it got trashed overnight with the statement "For the environ" scrawled on the side. The whole thing got royally wrecked, with the windows broken and tires slashed. Sounds like the ELF is spreading.

Ok, so, to my personal take on this. I freely admit to being overjoyed at one fewer of these pieces of garbage floating around the road. The guy looks like some middle aged loser (he is 32 and LIVES WITH HIS MOM!!!), and he probably hasn't gotten any in the last 10 years and is trying to make up for this. The fact of the matter is that this needed to start happening, and hopefully it will happen more.

As to the guys who actually did it, I can't help but give out a little "way to go!" Of course, the fact of the matter is that it was still illegal, and in my opinion, the wrong way to go about it. The best way to deal with this is to pressure your local politicians to institute new efficiency regulations that mandate that any vehicle must get over a certain MPG rating to be allowed to drive on public streets. I could see that putting a damper on this guy's fun. Then he'd be left with a car that he can't drive, and can't sell, and he's out $40,000. That'll impress da ladiez.

See, I've known douchebags like this guy. Fortunately for the one in particular that comes to mind, he got over his "all day at the gym to impress da ladiez" phase, and underneath the douchebagginess, was actually a nice guy. I just worry for all the guys that don't get over it that one day they'll meet the actual thugs they seem to worship, and more likely than not, it'll be in a jail cell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home